Zotri Solutions Pty Ltd (the “Company”, “us”, “our” or “we”) recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment above and beyond regulatory requirements. We are aware that everything that we do in the day to day operation of our business could have a negative impact on the environment, unless we take the necessary care and responsibility to prevent environmental damage.
We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good and sustainable environmental practices. We are therefore committed to reduce our environmental impact and continually improve our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our philosophy, business strategy and operating methods. It is our priority to encourage our staff, customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Action on all parts of the Company’s environment policy is the responsibility of all staff. Each year a different member of our staff will be appointed to oversee the implementation of the policy on a rotational basis.
- Improve our company, customers, suppliers and associates environmental performance;
- Enhance compliance with own environmental policy;
- Ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations;
- Enhance our image with public, regulators, lenders, investors;
- Prevent pollution and conserve resources;
- Reduce/mitigate risks;
- Attract new customers and markets;
- Increase efficiency;
- Reduce costs;
- Enhance staff morale and possibly enhance recruitment of new employees; and
- Achieve/improve staff, customers, suppliers and associates awareness of environmental issues and responsibilities.
This policy covers the following aspect of our operations:
- Office Supplies, Furniture and Equipment
- Water and Energy
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Monitoring and Improvement
- Work place Health & Safety
To fulfill our commitment to environment protection, the Company observes all environment laws and promote environmental awareness among all its staff, customers, suppliers and associates to increase their understanding of environmental matters.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will recycle everything we can.
- We will ensure all our printing and photocopying is done on double-sided paper.
- Whenever possible we will deliver on-line manuals and documentation, thus minimising use of paper.
- Non-essential documents and emails will not be printed. We will annually review which internal documents and external publications are essential, if they are not they will be canceled thus reducing waste and saving money.
- We will re-use wherever possible by trying to find a second life for items especially paper and office stationery. Scrap paper will be used in printers, fax machines, for taking messages and for writing notes or draft copy of documents. We are committed to the re-use of envelopes and packaging where possible.
Water and Energy
- We will promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facilities including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- We deploy energy efficient hardware.
- Lights, computers, copiers etc will be switched off when not in use, and heating/cooling adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption of new products will be taken into account when making purchasing decisions.
- We will improve efficiency of facilities to minimise use of water and then reuse and recycle as much of it as possible.
- We will promote the use of cycling and walking as the main means of travel to local meetings, and use public transport where systems allow efficient use. For journeys that require the use of a car, car sharing will be encouraged. Where personal mobility or access issues present an excluding difficulty, we will cover costs of taxi, car club or other appropriate transport in line with our equality policy and practice.
Office Supplies furniture & equipment
- We will reduce the amount of office supplies that we need.
- We will seek to buy more environmentally friendly products.
- We will endeavour to avoid disposable cups and food packaging bought by our office and for events.
- We will recycle everything we can.
- We will reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- If office furniture or IT equipment is being replaced then we will seek to have those items reused or recycled.
- We will seek to purchase fair-traded and environmentally sound goods. In particular sourcing of refreshments for meetings, training and events should wherever possible be purchased from local suppliers to reduce food miles (preferably within the social economy). If possible food should be organic, fruit and vegetables should be in season and tea, coffee and other products (e.g. chocolate biscuits!) should be fair-traded.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials that we use will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in our office maintenance and refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Transport and getting to work will be minimised by encouraging work from home and voice/video conferencing.
- We will promote the use of environmentally friendly forms of transport by staff, and clients.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
Monitoring and Improvement
- Monitoring environmental performance will be part of our yearly statistics and published in our annual report.
- We will monitor our energy consumption for improved environmental performance.
- We will monitor our use of paper and other office supplies to ensure a steady reduction in consumption.
- We will apply best practice standards for environmental management.
- We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
- We will integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities
- We will work to achieve the environmental expectations of our staff, customers, suppliers and the local community.
- We will educate and involve staff in the implementation of this policy, aiming for greater commitment and improved environmental performance.
- We will ensure that all staff have access to this environmental policy through the staff information file held on our computer system.
- The Environmental Policy will be regularly referred to in decision-making and through team meetings. It will be included during the induction of new staff and board members.
- We will consider compliance with our environmental policy in staff assessment and promotion.
- We will strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy as part of our current and planned future activities.
- We will communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers, suppliers, associates and the public and encourage them to support it.
Workplace Health & Safety
- We are committed to provide a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our team and minimise our potential impact on the environment.
- We will avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- We will, where required by legislation, or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programs.
The environment policy was last updated on 29 December 2015.